GCSE Results 2023
We are very pleased to be able to celebrate the achievements of our first ever GCSE cohort, those pioneer students, many of whom started at the school in September 2020 and battled their way through COVID and remote learning. In this summer’s GCSE results, 90% achieved Grades 4-9 in English, and 75% Grades 4-9 in Maths, with a combined percentage of 83% Grades 4-9 in these two core subjects. Furthermore, 36% of Grades across all subjects were 7-9, with 84% of all Grades 4-9.
An important indicator of the success of our pupils is The Value-Added scores that each of them achieved. This is the difference between their predicted grade based on national benchmarking testing data, and their actual grade. For this group of students, these were substantial, with Art showing a difference of 2.6, Modern Languages and Music at 2.1 and History at 1.8 leading the way.
Well done to the Maida Vale School GCSE Class of 2023 for achieving these impressive results.
Maida Vale School opened in September 2020 with only Year 7, 8 and 9. However, our sister school, Kew House School is very proud to publish the following statistics:
GCSE Results 2021
- All students achieved 5 grades of 9-4 (including English and Maths)
- 54.7% of grades were 9-7
- 98.5% of grades were 9-4
A Levels 2021
- 32% of grades were A*
- 64% of grades were A* or A
- 99% of grades were A* to C
- 100% pass rate
GCSE Results 2020
- 99.6% achieved grade 4 or higher
- 59% graded 7,8 or 9 (A, A* or A**).
- The results reflect the attainment and progress of all students across the full ability range. Our two top performing boy and girl students secured 20 grade 9s and 3 grade 8s between them
A Levels 2020
- 100% achieved their first choice University including 39% entry to Russell Group
- 100% pass rate
- 51% of grades were A* and A
- 92% of grades were A* to C
GCSE Results 2019
- 45% of all grades were grade 9 to 7
- 68% of all grades were grade 9 to 6
- 96% of students achieved 5 GCSE grade 9 to 4 (including English and Maths)
- 88% of students achieved 8 GCSE grade 9 to 4 or more (including English and Maths)
A Levels 2019
- 80% achieved their first choice University
- 24% gained entry to Russell Group Universities
- 20% achieve their second choice or took a gap year