Welcome from Mr Bashaarat, Head
Maida Vale School opened its doors to students for the first time in September 2020.
It is the fourth school to be founded by the Gardener Schools Group (GSG) following the establishment of Ravenscourt Park Preparatory School in 1991, Kew Green Preparatory School in 2004, and Kew House School in 2013. Maida Vale School was founded to meet the demand from parents and students for a modern, innovative and caring school, that puts the students at the centre of the learning experience.
As part of the successful Gardener Schools Group, Maida Vale School is founded on clearly defined values that guide and inform everything we do:
- Each student is treated as an individual and is inspired and motivated to achieve their full potential.
- We engender confidence and develop self-esteem, which leads to intellectual risk-taking and creates a love of learning.
- We cultivate core tenets of respect, compassion, tolerance and responsibility.
- We strive for excellence in all areas of learning and exploration.
- Our approach is holistic, uniting head, hand and heart in the learning journey.
At Maida Vale School we have an ‘open door’ culture, whereby parents can come to the school and speak with staff about their child’s progress and well-being at any time. We believe that a child’s educational journey is shared between the school, parents and the child themselves, a co-curation of their education that gives agency and ownership to all involved.
When at full capacity, Maida Vale School will have a roll of 600 boys and girls aged 11 to 18. Small class sizes and closely supported tutor groups mean that students receive individual attention and feel valued and recognised for who they are. Many other senior schools remain modelled on traditional 19th century values of industrialised learning that prioritises the school before the learner. At Maida Vale School each student is respected as a valuable and emerging individual, and teachers and staff work in partnership to achieve success, happiness and well-being.
Maida Vale School is an energising, challenging and nurturing environment. We look forward to welcoming you through its doors.
Mr Magnus Bashaarat
Head, Maida Vale School